Sunday 7 September 2014

6 eras September: 1940s

The lovely sunny spring day we're having today must have influenced me, as I've picked a flowery 1940s number. Should be easily accomplished, now that I'm back at work and really only have the weekends.



I do, however have an epic outfit in mind. Very similar in style to the blue wedding dress I made last year, but there'll be more adornments and also a day and evening wear option. I made cute little miniatures to help visualise my concept: 




I'll be using a combination of Burda 7880: 




Simplicity 5457: 




And Truly Victorian patterns TV361 and TV170, which Rebecca graciously let me keep after finishing her dress. 

TV361

TV170



So, the idea is that they'll come out looking somthing like this: 


Hous of Worth, 1880s


And this: 


Mme, D Michaux, 1880s


I imagine this will take months and months, and I'll probably make a practise bodice or two, so this is definitely a long term project. Wish me luck!









No comments:

Post a Comment